Position: Hair Extension Technician / Hair Stylist
We’re currently looking for a creative, talented individual to join our team at our specialist, boutique hair extensions salon in Knutsford. Ideally we are looking for somebody to come on board on a full time basis, but part-time will also be considered.
At The Hair Extension Boutique we specialise in applying high quality hair extensions, as well as offering a full range of other hairdressing services. We pride ourselves on delivering an exclusive service to our clients, which includes offering the finest natural human hair; a superior and undetectable attachment technique; a focus on hair safety; as well as our excellent customer service – all provided within the beautiful surroundings of our boutique salon.
Skills / Experience Required
- Qualified hairdresser, minimum NVQ Level 2.
- Previous salon experience.
- Some experience of applying hair extensions is preferable but not essential, as full training will be provided.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
Personal Qualities Required
You’ll need to be professional, well presented, organised, and reliable. You’ll also need to be friendly, positive, highly motivated and ultimately a team player. We’re looking for someone who has a passion and creative flair for hair and styling, as well as having a keen interest in current trends. Finally, you must be patient, thorough, have attention to detail and most importantly have a desire to deliver the highest standards to our clients.
- The application and removal of hair extensions using the specific methods employed by the salon.
- Blending, cutting and styling of hair extensions.
- Conduct thorough consultations to discuss the client’s requirements and suitability for extensions
- Produce personal quotations following consultations.
- Carry out other hairdressing services offered at the salon.
- Ensure client comfort and wellbeing at all times.
- Focus on client satisfaction by striving to deliver a consistently positive experience.
- Book appointments and take payments.
- Assist with stock check and orders.
- Actively respond to emails, phone calls and walk-in enquiries.
- Be proactive in seeking to achieve both personal and team goals and performance targets.
- Participate in marketing and promotional activities, both within and outside of the salon.
- Attend training sessions, courses, shows and other relevant events when required.
- Contribute to the high standard within the salon on a daily basis i.e. housekeeping, hygiene, health and safety, presentation etc.
- Be a consistent representative of the brand and actively convey and communicate the brand’s image and values.
We offer a very competitive base salary, plus an excellent commission structure.
Working with The Hair Extension Boutique you will:
- Be part of a friendly team, as well as an exciting and unique salon.
- Work in a business where hard work and productivity are rewarded.
- Have the opportunity for ongoing development and learning.
- Experience a highly rewarding career by making a real difference to our clients.
If you think you have what it takes, then please email your CV, along with images or links to some of your recent work and a covering letter telling us why you think you’re the right person for the job, to: